Organised in the framework the PONT project and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the EU, the Career Skills Training is a 5-day professional training on fundraising and project management skills for academic and think-tank research, taking place at the heart of EU politics in Brussels. The training includes visits to European institutions, lectures and hands-on activities with think tankers, academics, journalists, EU officials and professional trainers.
The training targets:
- Young researchers with an interest in EU affairs/international relations/political science/law/social sciences
- Students at postgraduate level interested in pursuing a career in research.
Participants in the training will:
- Learn the methods of policy-oriented research and writing from professional think-tank researchers
- Learn how to communicate one’s research to policymakers and to the general public from high-level EU officials and professional journalists
- Learn how to successfully design and implement a research project
- Learn how to build and work in a successful team
- Learn how to develop professional skills useful to pursue a career in a think tank or academia as well as to enhance their employability.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 25 March 2018. The participation fee is €200 for applicants from TEPSA member organisations (current or former students/researchers) and €400 for other applicants. Participants’ travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed up to €250.
For more information, you can visit the TEPSA website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.